Shortage of Containers, High and higher ocean freight, Maersk (Greater China Region) informed a customer advisory on 17th Nov.2020, as following:
1. The current development of world economy and trade and the operation of supply chain have been affected and challenged by unprecedented factors, and shipping companies have been looking for solutions.
2. For ships and containers entering from ports outside China, it may take longer to complete the quarantine inspection of berthing at ports.
3. The congestion of ports outside China makes the punctuality rate of all routes unstable.
4. As many countries are experiencing the second outbreak of the epidemic, it is estimated that the shortage of empty containers will continue several months.
5. Export booking at Chinese ports has to face cancellation of booking and delay of shipment due to shortage of containers.
6. Shipping companies are also doing their best to meet customers' demand for stability of marine service.
So, it's the real world. If you have goods want to ship by sea, shipping early to avoid higher freight costs is the wisest choice, Look no further!
Asia-South America sea freight rates are high and climbing higher !